make art session
- creative/intellectual/spiritual gathering of human beings
- CREATE/PERFORM (draw paint write shoot poetry-reading sing play talk etc.)
- CONTEMPLATE (think read watch listen film-showing etc.)
- CONNECT (discuss collaborate interact etc.)
- several hours of living deeply
- inspiration, creative exploration, human communion
- make art, play nice, be brave, have fun!
make art session is nothing new. People have been doing it since prehistoric times. You can call it by any other name, the label doesn't matter much. You can have it anywhere you're comfortable. You can do it with just one other person or several or many.
Make your own make art session. Take this idea and modify it. Do it, document it, and spread it like a virus! Talk to us and tell us about it. Let's get together. Let's help this movement grow.
*** *** ***
Here's something I've been thinking about for a long time. I've talked to some people about it and so far everyone likes the idea (which, as mentioned, is really nothing new). We just want to gather people and explore ideas and creativity and philosophy... have film showings of TED videos... do poetry reading... doodle lots... hang out and bum and chat and food trip too. :3 Aside from that, I want to DOCUMENT it. If you're planning to to this, or have already done this, let me know and let's talk about, maybe, making an online compilation of links to blogs and photo albums.
So... Pin finally came over and we had our first official make art session in my house.
Ideas? Comments? Interested? What do you think?
We hope someday that you'll join us